- San Diego Association of Geologists, SDAG, speaker on geological hazards of Portugal/Azores islands.
- Anza Borrego Desert Natural History Association, desert session speaker: Planetary Geology.
- San Diego Natural History Museum, Nat speaker: The San Andreas Fault: So Near and So Silent.
- Keynote speaker at Safety Leadership conference on disaster preparedness at Sea World San Diego, focus on tectonics and earthquake hazards in southern California.
- Relationship Building and Connections and Henry Cluster STEMM Foundation, SDSU Viz Center – speaker on Global Disaster Response Teaching – pedagogies of Natural Disasters class and mitigation of deleterious effects on society.
- LAEF – Luso-American Education Foundation and SDSU and Point Loma Portuguese Hall – 40th Annual Conference on Education and Culture: Speaker on the geology and natural disasters of the Açores islands.
- San Diego Ruben F Fleet Science Center – Key-note speaker at the Finale Competition for the STEM SciTech Challenge for elementary school girls; topic – the Solar System.
- Mt Helix Academy – speaker on Natural Disasters to middle-schoolers.
- Participant and speaker at the Collaborative Disaster Communication Training organized by School of Journalism/Media Studies and Geological Sciences.
- CTL and ITS at SDSU – speaker in 3 faculty workshops: Getting Started with an Interactive Classroom; Universal Design for Learning; Re-charging your course: Tools and strategies to reflect on your teaching practice.
- San Diego Dive Club – speaker on Plate Tectonics and Oceanography.
- Invited Lecturer – Portugal, at Universidade de Lisboa, at Universidade Nova, and at ISEC (Instituto Superior de Educação e Ciências) – presentations and day symposiums on Natural Disasters and Tectonics.